Sunday, March 2, 2014

'Spring' festival

Just a quick bit of writing to catch up.  It's the beginning of March now, and my stupid blog has been inactive enough to annoy me - as a person who likes to read blogs - so I will say what I did.  Or, more specifically, where I did whatever that was.  Here:

As you can see, I went to the next town to the north for my vacation.  Note the glorious chinese scenery and air quality.

The Philippines is a very nice place to visit on vacation not only because most of the people speak English, but also because there are dogs everywhere:

It's kind of like a paradise for dogs; you constantly see dogs that are on missions....or asleep.  It's hot enough that you don't see any fluffy ones, and perhaps because of the canine abundance there aren't cats lounging around all that much.  But you do see these:

...both in real life and fighting to the death on television.  If you are lucky, you can also see things like:

Giant lizards.  Looking back at these pictures now....I kind of wish I was still there.  The only problem for me was that it was ungodly-level hot.  Siesta-style hot.  Sun-burningly hot.  Plus the food was unspectacular...but:


Scenery!  It was an inescapably beautiful place, made more so by having escaped one of the dreariest times of year in one of the dreariest cities in the china (one assumes).  The Philippines: recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment