Saturday, September 5, 2015

Sandwicherie

If you read some type of spy-transcript of my actions, you would have to assume one thing: I'm clearly strung out on Moroccan sandwiches.

Oh, I've got food from other locations (just had glorious tacos from Vatos - the trendy mex spot from everything I've seen), but there's something about the spicy chicken, lettuce, pickled things etc. that keep me coming back.  Plus they're $7, and 4 minute walk away.  I'm building up the courage to chat more with the guys, because it'd be badass to have an in with the cool sandwich guys.

Why talk even this much about this?  Well, mainly because those delightful baguettes are emblematic, to me at least, of the neighbourhood, and of the ease of use I'm experiencing from Seoul as a whole.  As you walk around HBC you see people of all skin tones, languages, and ages, and they mostly want to have a cold drink and relax by about 5pm when I get back to the area post-work.  I've never lived in a more diverse place, even if I'm not being diverse with my meal choices.
Other than eating sandwiches I'm going to work, planning classes, and trying to live (mostly) cheaply.  My students are miles better than any I've had before, and they're relaxing into both the course material and my comedic stylings.  I've got ancient Egypt and the first world war this week, should be a good one.

I'll close this off because I'm not done my prep for the week yet, and can't fool myself any longer.  Soon I'll have a camera cable so I can get back to photo-journalizing...for the nonce all I can do is pull web material.  How much longer can I go without sharing the picture of super-busty Ultraman from across the street? Only time, and lethargy, will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment